Monday, January 23, 2006

Canada Votes

Canada is having a major election today - the Prime Minister's job is up for grabs. It's so very Canadian that the first link at Canada.com is about how today's weather might affect the polls. Man, these people talk about the weather every chance they get.

A joke sent to me from Eli today (I added their respective parties in parenthesis):

Martin (Liberal Party incumbent), Harper (National Democratic Party) and Layton (Conservative Party) are flying on the Executive Airbus to a gathering in British Columbia when Martin turns to Harper and says, chuckling, "You know, I could throw a $1,000 bill out the window right now and make someone very happy."

Harper shrugs and replies, "Well, I could throw ten $100 bills out the window and make ten people happy."

Not to be outdone, Layton says, "Well I could throw a hundred $10 bills out the window and make a hundred people happy."

The pilot rolls his eyes and says to his co-pilot, "Such arrogant asses back there. Hell, I could throw all three of them out the window and make 32 million people happy.

Funny, eh? (Ha! I kill myself!)

PS: Eli is back to work today.

1 comment:

Frisbee Girl said...

LOVE the joke. Love it. Also, I'm digging on the snappy new background. Nicely done! And it's good to hear that Eli's back to work. I kept you guys close to heart for the last few months.

That election, though? Not digging on it at all.