Saturday, January 21, 2006

Arsenic and Old Lace

Apparently our water source here at the RV park has arsenic in it. Whee! We've been told it's okay to wash (dishes, clothes, bodies) but not to drink the water. Management will be providing free bottled water until they can replace the water system. It just makes me wonder if we don't have the flu and actually have been poisoned. Apparently a lot of arsenic poisoning symptoms are similar to flu symptoms. Actually, I'm not that worried about it (we've had an additional water filter here at the trailer for six months or so). I just wonder how long it's been a problem without us knowing about it. And yes, the wee beasties will be getting bottled water as well, spoiled brats that they are (kidding!).

My tooth canal thingie is doing okay. It seems to be a bit swollen but not especially painful. I've taken three or four Tylenol 3s (not all at once!) and that seems to be keeping everything hunky-dory. It's nice not having a numb cheek anymore. I was beginning to wonder if the dentist had damaged a nerve or somesuch.

I'm going to be playing around with the template a bit, so don't panic if you see something weird. Just grab your towel and hang on.

No comments: